I. Observations:
a. Really fast paced in the beginning
b. Slowed down a bit
c. Doesn't really have a break
d. Sounds really pretty
e. Soft sounding (but that can be because of the instrument)
f. Really long
g. Gets really quiet then loud (like a wave shape)
1. Do you like this song?
To be honest, I actually really do like this sound especially since it was done with he violin.
2. What elements of the song draws you into listening?
What makes me want to continue listening is the soft like quality of the violin and also the nonstop playing. From my perspective, there wasn't a part that took a pause so it kept your attention on the piece so you don't miss a single thing.
3. Can you analyze the message of the song?
There wasn't any lyrics involved so I don't know what the message is but from the sound it sounds like it would be in a scene of someone walking or something.
Great observations, Leanne! I am so glad that you like this piece. I see that you noticed the non-stop playing, which is one of the things that makes me love it! It is a famous piece by Bach that has been interpreted by countless artists for hundreds of years. Here is your challenge question: Why do you think the first movement is so fast and non-stop? What emotions or ideas do you think he is trying to convey. If you had to come up with a brief message from Bach that went with this piece, what do you think it would be?
ReplyDelete