I. Johann Sebastian Bach- Partita No. 3, BVW 1006 | Hilary Hahn
a. Contains elision
ex. around 40 seconds it goes on for awhile then goes softer and softer but then it picks up again
b. Long melody
ex. overall piece was a very long super human solo
c. Cadence
ex. at about 3:30 there was a cadence, I assume there is more but I didn't listen to the ENTIRE thing.
II. The Weekend- The Hills
a. Doesn't really have a long melody
ex. repeats more of the chorus rather than creating a new melody
b. you can expect it to end
NOT SURE IF I DID THIS SECTION RIGHT
III. They both work for each piece because they are both different, therefore the listener is intrigued to hear the variation the way I was.
IV. To be honest, I prefer the second one because it is more common in music now whereas the baroque music makes me think of the old age.
Good job, Leanne.
ReplyDelete